You might be surprised to learn that shopping at a big box store doesn’t guarantee you the best pricing or range of product options after all. Big box stores are also not so great for the health of local communities. Here are three things to think about before your next trip to a big box store.
1. They Dominate Markets and Drive Prices Up
Big box stores often end up crowding out smaller, locally-owned businesses, which means fewer shopping options and less competition. Competition in the marketplace is necessary in order to maintain low pricing over time. Without competition, businesses can charge any price they want because customers have no other buying options. To ensure low pricing and a fair market, it is crucial to support locally-owned businesses. [Read more…] about Three Reasons to Skip Big Box Stores and Buy Local
Custom-designed and printed vinyl banners look amazing and will make any even extra special. Whether you are promoting a business special, saying “Happy Birthday”, welcoming people to a family reunion, or congratulating a high school or college graduate, vinyl banners are a great way to do it. AND they are highly affordable for all budgets.
The Top 6 Reasons
1. Vinyl banners are far more durable than paper of cloth banners. They are weatherproof and tear resistant, and they are ideal for using outdoors. [Read more…] about Six Reasons Why You Should Choose a Vinyl Banner for Your Next Event
We're spring cleaning here at DBS, and all our showroom furniture
is 20% off!
Stop in to test drive one of these today and check out our blow-out prices!
-Inventory is limited! Special runs now through April. –
Maverick Bullet Desk With Left Return & a Separate Lateral File Color Cognac
Our Reg. Price: $2190.00
Precision Extended Height Swivel Stool with teardrop Footrest
Our Reg. Price: $307.00
Hon High-Density Stacking Chair
Our Reg. Price: $100.00
Hon High-Density Stacking Chair
Our Reg. Price: $303.35
Sold as a Unit
Hon Basyx Manage
Our Reg. Price: $1039.00
Happier employees, increased sales, fewer communication hiccups…who doesn’t want that for their organization? If you want to know how to get there, perhaps we should start with a few cold, hard stats. Being aware of how environmental factors and access to resources can affect your employees is the first step to creating a well-oiled organization and team.
Work Productivity Statistics You Should Know
- Roughly 75% of workers believe that they don’t have access to the latest efficiency-boosting technology.
- 65-70 degrees is the ideal office temperature for in-office work productivity.
- The average employee spends roughly 13 hours a week checking, writing and responding to emails.
- Workplace productivity has been found to drop a whopping 20% once summer hits.
- Studies have found that employees are up to 15% more productive when they exercise before work.
- Businesses with 100 employees spend an average of 17 hours per week clarifying communication, which translates to $528,443 annually.
- Working from home or telecommuting increases productivity by 14%.
- Customer retention rates skyrocket 18% on average when employees are highly engaged within their organization.
- Organizations that increase employee engagement investments by 10% can increase profits by $2,400 per employee each year.
- Employees who feel they don’t have enough hours in the day to complete their tasks see a 68% decrease in productivity.