Believe it or not, offering free snacks at the workplace is an employee perk that boosts morale, increases productivity and improves overall employee happiness, and the cost of this perk to employers is minimal when considering its positive impact.
The Proof is in the Pudding
An online survey of 1,009 full-time office workers (504 men and 505 women) conducted by ORC International, a market research agency, reported the following –
66% of office workers who have access to free snacks at work are “extremely happy or very happy.”
56% say, “I hit an afternoon slump if I don’t have snacks to refuel my energy.”
66% between the ages of 18 and 32 state, “If I found or was offered a job at another company with better perks, including availability of snacks, I would take it.”
83% agree “having healthy and fresh snack options provided in the workplace is a huge perk.”
Healthy Snack Options
Here are five quick, easy and inexpensive snack options that are healthy and will refuel your energy.
- Almonds are one of the healthiest nuts for you with 9 essential nutrients, protein, high fiber and healthy fat.
- Popcorn contains fiber, is low in calories and is great when you are craving a salty crunch.
- Dried fruit, such as, apricots, papaya and mango, are high in fiber and potassium and will satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Protein bars, especially those made with nuts and dried fruits, deliver plenty of nutrients, protein and fiber to give you an afternoon boost.
- Pretzels are a low-fat snack that give you energy, benefit your heart and promote a healthy digestive system.