Happier employees, increased sales, fewer communication hiccups…who doesn’t want that for their organization? If you want to know how to get there, perhaps we should start with a few cold, hard stats. Being aware of how environmental factors and access to resources can affect your employees is the first step to creating a well-oiled organization and team.
Work Productivity Statistics You Should Know
- Roughly 75% of workers believe that they don’t have access to the latest efficiency-boosting technology.
- 65-70 degrees is the ideal office temperature for in-office work productivity.
- The average employee spends roughly 13 hours a week checking, writing and responding to emails.
- Workplace productivity has been found to drop a whopping 20% once summer hits.
- Studies have found that employees are up to 15% more productive when they exercise before work.
- Businesses with 100 employees spend an average of 17 hours per week clarifying communication, which translates to $528,443 annually.
- Working from home or telecommuting increases productivity by 14%.
- Customer retention rates skyrocket 18% on average when employees are highly engaged within their organization.
- Organizations that increase employee engagement investments by 10% can increase profits by $2,400 per employee each year.
- Employees who feel they don’t have enough hours in the day to complete their tasks see a 68% decrease in productivity.