Implement a mobile device security policy.
- Device-specific restrictions – In the case that employees are using their own devices on your network, you may want to specify what types of devices may be used.
- Guidelines for social media – This may include limiting what social media sites they can have access to or specific channel features.
- Restrictions on applications – Potentially one of the easiest ways for hackers to get in is through third-party apps by means of malware and data leakages.
- Emphasis on user-authentication – Encourage employees to implement strong passwords and two-factor authentication, when appropriate.
Capitalize on new technology for added protection and control.
A. Utilize a Mobile Device Management platform to maintain utmost control over the security of your data internally.
MDMs give your IT department end-to-end security capabilities, allowing them to monitor, manage and secure all mobile devices on your office network. This means you can have complete control over mobile apps, network and data usage through the mobile devices using a single software solution.
Audit your security measures regularly.
Educate your employees on cybersecurity.
- Care of devices when out of the office.
- Understanding and recognizing phishing scams.
- Accessing corporate information on a secure network to reduce data risks.
Every day technology is progressing, especially mobile technology. The smartest thing to do is to be proactive and protect yourself before it’s too late.