Leasing instead of purchasing a copier has proven to be the best option for most businesses and organizations because of the extensive benefits you get under a lease contract with a copier dealer. From having a designated specialist ready at-hand to service your equipment when things go wrong, to getting expensive, high-tech equipment at your fingertips without having to foot the bill, there are many reasons why businesses choose to lease instead of buy. If you’re considering taking this route for your organization, you’ll want to make sure you have all the information you need to make the right decision. To help, we’ve outlined some important, but easily overlooked questions that you should ask before you lease.
Questions to Cover Before You Lease
- Are there any additional fees outside of the monthly lease payment we should be aware of (i.e. additional servicing fees, delivery and setup, etc.)?
- What services, if any, are included in my monthly lease contract?
- How do you handle servicing the equipment (whether it’s included in the lease or not)?
- What supplies, if any, are included in the monthly lease (i.e. toner, paper, etc.)?
- How does insurance work for your leased equipment?
- What happens if we aren’t satisfied with the equipment after we get it?
- What happens if we decide to terminate our lease before our contract expires?
While these questions cover areas that often get overlooked in the leasing process, you obviously want to make sure you address items like overall lease costs, lease length, etc. If you have additional questions about finding the right lease, feel free to reach out to us!