About Lower Back Pain and Injuries
If you sit at a desk and perform tasks that require repetitive motion, odds are you will end up with lower back pain at some point in your life. Consider the following statistics:
- Sixty percent of occupational illnesses are associated with repetitive motion.
- In the past two decades, there has been a large increase in repetitive motion disorders in what are generally considered safe occupations, including data entry and computer work.
- Back injuries are the most common workplace injury.
- Back injuries are the second most commonly used excuse for missing work, after the common cold.
- Lower back pain is the most common cause of work-related disability in people under 45 years of age.